Monday, April 27, 2009

New York in the Springtime

On Friday, Carol (Melissa, my client's, mom) and I went up to New Haven and met up with mom. We did a little shopping.
Yes yes, I'm a Yale Sis. That's about as close to Yale as I'm gonna get.

We enjoyed the loud music playing around campus (something fun was going on, I'm not sure what it was, but we enjoyed being in the midst of it all). That night we settled in and watched "An Ideal Husband". The next morning, we dragged our tired hineys (okay, well, I was tired) and drove to Dev's. We snapped a few pics before heading into the city.

When we got there, I split up (mom and Carol weren't interested in the show, so they went their own way over to the Dakota) and went over to Times Square where I met up with Tracy and Sherma for a show called "In the Heights". Excellent dancing and singing! The reason for our visit is that someone from my dad and aunt's high school was in the show, but unfortunately, for that performance, he was injured and wasn't in it. We still thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Tracy and I then went to an outdoor Bazaar and bought some delicious bbq chicken on a stick and corn on the cob (along with a new purse, but that goes without saying, doesn't it?)

I then said goodbye to her and went up to Macy's to meet back up with Carol and Mom. We took a few pics in Herald Square.


We had dinner at a yummy Mexican restaurant in the Upper West Side then headed back to Dev's. The next day (mommy had to leave early) we had brunch with Dev, then shopped a little. A skirt and a Mother's Day gift later, we headed home. Now I'm out of money so I need to take a break. Otherwise I would've stayed.

1 comments:

aprilhoyt said...

LOL!! Sounds like me and New York would definitely get along...however my bank account would rebel! How fun for you!! Fun, family and friends!!