Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's not that I wasn't Thankful last week.....

....I've just been running on manic mode for a week now and I'm about ready to plop into bed and never get out.
Anyway, my thankful thursday is going to start off by irritations and things that bother me.
*I'm irritated with the fact that I pulled not one, not two, but THREE gray hairs out today. I mean, seriously people, I'm only 28! I didn't think the madness started this early. But, I am thankful that I have a head of hair and that at least I'm not going bald. That is, unless I keep plucking the offending-colored ones.

*I WAS irritated with my computer because I couldn't get my Norton Antivirus to update. But I AM thankful that I have Norton so that my computer doesn't crash the minute I turn it on. (By the way, I got it to work once I got a better internet signal-thank goodness no virus)

*I'm irritated with my constantly hurting stomach. It's always grumbling and hurting and no doctor can seem to get to the bottom of it. But I'm grateful I have a stomach that works and doesn't cause me more trouble than it already does.

*I'm irritated that my car smells like milk because I took milk to work the other day and some of it must have spilled. But I'm utterly thankful that I have the car in the first place. And it's nothing a little soap and water won't fix...when I get a minute.

*I'm irritated that I'm working so freaking much and have no time to even clean my house. But I AM grateful that soon, I'll be financially on my feet.

*I'm irritated that I have crushed cocoa puffs on my floor at home (see above about no time to clean up-apparently a cereal box had upended and I didn't notice it until I went to leave this morning and heard "Crunch!") but I'm thankful I have SOME form of food at my house. And the grocery store of Daddy is always open.

*I'm irritated with the fatigue working out brings me, but I'm grateful that it's making me healthier!

So how's that for looking on the positive side? There's no such thing as a perfect day, in fact, there's PLENTY of not perfect days, but you can always make it brighter. Apparently.

3 comments:

LadyEm said...

Way to look on the bright side. Hope you get some good rest so that your battery recharges!

William and Marianne said...

Well said! =)

aprilhoyt said...

you do look on the bright side of things!! I love reading your posts!! and I TOTALLY know what you mean about the gray hairs so soon...I thought I had years before they started coming in!