Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

As I've contemplated my Thankful Thurday topic, I've wondered "Should I go deep and spiritual, should I keep it light and fluffy, should wax gushy and obnoxious....?" I'm still not sure which of these I want to go with, so maybe I'll start with the first. I'm grateful for a line of communication with the Lord. Not just prayer (although I AM extremely grateful for that) but those quiet moments when you seem to have a voice inside you. A gentle voice that almost speaks with a booming voice. The moments of clarity that make the previous confusion seem ridiculous and obselete. I know this sounds nebulous, but I'm sure just about everyone on the planet at one point or another has had these moments. I'm grateful that the Lord is mindful of silly little me. That He knows who I am and actually cares what I feel and think, even in my insignificance. Okay, I didn't realize that I was going to go in this direction, but now that I think about it, this is something I'm actually most grateful for; for without it, I have nothing. And on that note, I think I'll say goodnight!

3 comments:

Ginny said...

Hey, you got that from my awesome Sunday School lesson right?
Just humor me - it will make me feel better!

aprilhoyt said...

perfect!! thanks Heather!

William and Marianne said...

here here =)