Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Weekend Excursion

This weekend, my good friend Carol and I took a little jaunt up to New York just to enjoy a "ladies night out". We had originally planned to meet up with a friend of hers, but that fell through, so we decided we'd still go and make an evening of it. This is made easier by the fact that Dev lives a quick 45-minutes (by train) from Grand Central. Thanks for the accomodations, big brother! So we drove up to Dev's on saturday morning (I'm not even going to try and describe the beautiful drive amongst all the lovely fall-touched leaves) and dropped our stuff off at his house, then we caught the train into the city. Once we were there, we had a bite to eat at Grand Central, then started walking toward the theater district. We decided to stop right where we were at and make a phone call to see if we could get into Mary Poppins for a reasonable price, and as it turned out, we got them! (thirty-seven dollars for a sat evening show, not bad indeed!) So we killed time by stopping downtown to see Ground Zero (the new memorial builing is going up!) and window shopping. And I will say that when I shop in New York and only come away with a pair of very agreeably-priced shoes, I've done something right. We then got out of the rain and wind by having a drink at McDonald's (and trust me, this is not the McDonald's on your block. The one in Times Square is huge) and then we headed to our show.
The next day, we did a little shopping in Devan's town of Greenwich, (I love Sephora, don't you?) we headed home on another lovely, colorful drive. Here's some highlights:



3 comments:

William and Marianne said...

fun! i know... that McDonalds in time Square is HUGE! fun to see Mary Poppins! I would LOVE to see that....

Rachel said...

LOL! I love the guy next to you in the top picture that is looking at you like, "Geez, tourists." It sounds like you guys had fun. Ive never been to New York. Maybe someday I will have the courage to venture there!

Ginny said...

So, I'm just learning that there are others in Lancaster with blogs... and then I found my picture on your blog - very funny.
Ginny