Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Vacation to a Summery Place

I'm going to warn you all right now-there are TONS of pictures ahead! Okay, fair warning.
This week was spent in the great state of Arizona, which always brings back memories of my childhood. My and I got in late on Monday night. Tuesday was spent at cousin Anji's with the kids (cousin Anji hosted us and showed us a great time!). We did a craft with leaves that my mom had brought with her (if I refer to my mom as "Nanda" in this narrative, it's because that's what the kids call her). We also went to the park and got on the swings.







The next day, we had lunch with a great friend from Lakeside- Robyn Rogers. In this picture, you'll also meet mom's leading man Greg!


We then took the kids to Build-A-Bear (An Aunt Heather tradition). Here's a few good ones from that.





The next day, we hit the zoo:




You can see in the one picture, Rees and I are praying to the mist gods because we're so dang hot.
They got a little tired at the end.....


We spent that night at Monique's parent's house and had a lovely homemade mexican meal.
Friday, I rented myself a car (it turned out to be a PT Cruiser. I felt cool driving in that thing!) and drove to Tucson Arizona where I got to spend the evening with Catherine, a friend from my childhood.






Yesterday, we had to say good-bye. What a wonderful vacation. Hopefully we can get these guys back here one of these days!




8 comments:

aprilhoyt said...

Looks like fun!! I'll be there in only a week! (only I'm moving back to Lakeside!! well, showlow, but not ready to claim that yet :D) But that looked like a lot of fun!

Jensen Family said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! It's always nice to go back to good ole' Lakeside and visit! It was fun seeing the pictures of you and Catherine!

William and Marianne said...

looks like fun =) dont you love az!? that pic of your mom holding ryans little girl with her eyes closed is sweet =) were you able to see aunt marianne? whos the guy with your mom?? are they dating? WOW! lots of questions. =) glad you had fun...

LadyEm said...

I like how the kids are clutching their "build-a-bear" animals while in the car sleeping. Fun times!!! Great pics.

Rachel said...

How cute those kiddos are! Im glad you had fun. Im impressed ab the whole shopping cart pic! I dont think Id be able to get myself out of one of those if I could ever balance my way into one!

Rachel Rogers said...

I talked to Robyn the other day and she had mentioned that it was so nice to see you guys! I'm glad you got a chance when it wasn't too hot (though it looks blazing hot in your pics at the zoo) to head to AZ! Your niece and nephew look adorable! Tell Ryan hello for me!!

Rachel Rogers said...

i tagged you!...read my post

Jill * Zane said...

Heather, it was so good to see you and your mom while you were out here! You guys look great and I'm so glad you had a fun time with your family. We FINALLY got some cooler temps out here! Hoorah!