Sunday, July 6, 2008

fourth of july weekend

This fourth of July kind of went on forever since it was on a friday. The entire weekend was spent enjoying our nation's birthday. On friday, I went with my client, Melissa, and her mom up to their family's cabin. We had a quiet night that evening. The next day, Carol and I went to a pottery shop that was a renovated mill from the 1800s. I bought a cute little vase and picked some wild daisies to put in it! Then we saw a sign for cherry picking and thought "why not?" and so followed my first experience with cherry picking. The next day we came home, and back in good ol' Lancaster, we had the big fireworks show at Long's Park with the whole family. Happy Birthday America! Does anyone need a cone THAT BIG? Finally found my pot! Pickin' cherries. Our loot. Life is just a bowl full of..... Me and Mel "roughin' it" in the mountains. This is what I look like after a weekend among the beasts in the woods. Dev and Grandma wait for the festivities to begin. Dad and Tracy talk to friends and family. Aunt Sherma and Uncle David humor me with a smile. Me and Addison My BFFs The Gals!

2 comments:

LadyEm said...

AWWWW, I missed out!!! Thanks for posting these pics.

Rachel said...

Wow, now THAT is an ice cream cone!
I used to pick cherries off my aunts tree. I love them! Looks like you had a fun and super busy weekend!