Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dev's Birthday and a Last Minute Visit from Mom

This week our big bro (okay, he's MY big bro) turned 29! And I had to remind him that, no, he wasn't turning 28 as he thought, it was in fact 29. Poor guy, he really IS busy up there at Yale! And since the sis works on weeknights, the only time to celebrate was sunday night. We had as many family members over as possible. Lots of fun with decorations, bubbles, and a few intense games of Uno. (Girls vs guys, but the stakes, which were "loser does dishes" went out the door because I did the dishes even though the girls won) Here's a few choice pics from the party.......







Then on Thursday, I talked to my mom and told her that Dev and I were going to a midnight showing of the new X-Files movie, and, hey, wouldn't it be a great idea if she hopped in the car and came down for a few days? So she got here just in time for the movie, and stayed until yesterday. We got a chance to go out in to the county and snap some photos of the beautiful farming area which I live in. We also visited some yard sales and antique shops. These wonderful and unplanned weekends just keep happening! Don't worry, I'm getting my sleep!





1 comments:

aprilhoyt said...

oh!! I'm so glad I found you again! with computer re-formats and moving, I lost track of the name of your blog, but I found you! you can't hide :D send me your email address and I'll invite you to my blog! (ape_hoyt@yahoo.com) that is...if you want to see it! and tell Devin happy belated b'day! it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!