Friday, August 22, 2008

Monkey Munch



I saw this recipe on "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" and it looked so good- so I looked it up! I've got to say, I love this snack! I'm sure it's the highest thing you could possibly eat in sugar but, well, that's pretty much just perfect for me. Enjoy!
9 cups Chex Mix
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter into a large microwaveable bowl. Heat on high 1 minute. Stir. Heat in 30 second intervals until completely melted, stirring after each 30 seconds. Add vanilla, then chex. Stir until all the chex are coated. Put powdered sugar in large ziploc bag. Add chex mixture and shake until covered. Lay flat on cookie sheet until cool and dry. Store in fridge.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Heather,
I assume thats your name. We would be the Lucas' from Pinetop. Kyle is Diana's son and I am Coco his wife. How do you know the family? It is nice to meet some one who knows his family. (need all the dirt I can get...Just Kidding)

-Coco

LadyEm said...

Oh my gosh...I made this for Girl's Camp one summer many years ago. We called it "Puppy Chow," but I think "Monkey Munch" is much cuter.

aprilhoyt said...

I used to have this all the time as a kid!! One of my favs!! We also called it puppy chow, but whatever it's name, it's still as sweet!

William and Marianne said...

is this your first time having it? i cant believe you havent eaten this til now! you have been missing! enjoy!!!!

aprilhoyt said...

hey now, I know he's cute, but I'm bad with names!! haha...
weird thing, I had a dream with you in it last night, something about me smashing your car with my van and you were cool with it and didn't even care! and then my van got stolen...weird...whatever!!!

aprilhoyt said...

My dream was at the old stompin' grounds of Blue Ridge High! But your car was red! silly dreams!

aprilhoyt said...

oh no...Heather...now I'm having dreams involving mr. mcevoy...will you go find him and tell him I'm a married woman?!?

Heather said...

Hi Heather (the other me!!)! Good to hear from you! I would be honored to have you list me as a friend on your blog! Hows life??

Rachel said...

I love this! We call it puppy chow too. Its so addictive!