Sunday, June 1, 2008

Raining on our parade

I have a gripe. A big one. Darn the blasted rain: that's my gripe. I mean, a few times a month is nice. Maybe 3 or 4 times. But just about every other day? Excess is inexcusable. I've tried putting in an order form to heaven to fix the leaky faucets, but I guess that memo, like so many others, got lost. Of course, last weekend was gorgeous and clear. But THIS weekend, well, see for yourself. Mom and Amanda and I were trying to make a little money and clean our spaces for summer by having a yard sale when, mid-morning, the water works began. Enough is enough. I'm moving to Mexico. Okay okay, done with the gritching. When the rain began, we ran like mad to get the stuff on the porch and collect our cute signs before they were beyond repair (you tell me, according to these photos, do you think our signs are ruined?) at which point I was more soaked than I think I've ever been in a rainstorm. In the end, we decided, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, and mom and I took pictures in the rain (although someonedecided to stay under the umbrella) So here are the pics from our little adventure. It actually turned out to be a great laughing matter when we realized how silly we looked out in the rain. Ahhh, rainy days. I keep thinking that one day I'll get used to them.......



3 comments:

William and Marianne said...

im so jealous of the rain!! but i feel so bad for you! =( sorry that happened!! you're a good sport!

Rachel Rogers said...

I feel your pain!...I always feel horrible when our area needs moisture and after two or three days of straight rain, I curse the sky. I LOVE being at home in the rain, but if you have to commute in it, or definitely have a yard sale...it's true that it "rains on your parade!"....good luck!

Rachel said...

Its so funny how they are called different things in different parts of the country! Tag sales, yard sales, garage sales, rummage sales. Whatever you call them, you normally make more money if its not pouring outside!