Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What I Did With My Forced Time Off

Well, I had some time off over Valentine's Day weekend, so I decided that a little trip up north is just what I needed. When I got to New Haven, my mom had this really cute cake for me (like the ones she used to bake for my birthdays).

The next day, we bummed around New Haven, taking some pics along the way. I told mom to "show some teeth"....

I love this pic of mom having a good belly laugh over an inside joke.

And a few pics enjoying lunch together....


Then on Saturday, I went with Devan down to New York and we had dinner in Greenwich Village with some friends of his. We had cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery that are THE BEST cupcakes I've ever had!


We spent the night with his friends in the city, the parted ways and I made the hairaising drive out of New York to go home. I enjoyed driving in New York for about five minutes until I lost my way and my gas gauge was perilously close to E. All in all, however, a wonderful way to utilize the time off!

2 comments:

William and Marianne said...

sounds like SO much fun! the east coast has so many things to do :) you mom looks beautiful :) and devan! i miss him... wish you all could of been at the wedding this weekend. so crazy that little christina is married! anyways.... glad you had a good weekend!!

LadyEm said...

Beautiful pictures!!! Sounds like fun adventures.