Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summer Fun

This summer has been a great one! Not only because of the seventies temperatures we've been having, but all the oppurtunities to spend with family has been so wonderful. And now I'm officially done having fun because I'm officially poor. No, I don't mean low on money, I mean "Oh crap, how in the world am I going to even LOOK at that stack of bills in my 'In Bin'?" but it's all been worth it. Last monday, I went with my friend Amanda B. to Bethany Beach in Delaware. The waves were quite unforgiving and the sun was shining as it's supposed to, and we had a blast.



Then on Friday, I went up to NYC to visit with Ryan and Monique who had come in for Dev's play. We had dinner friday night with mom, then on saturday, went to Devan's play. I'm so proud of him!!! He's written a brilliant and very heartfelt play. See his blog devanhite.blogspot.com for more information.
I'll save the soliloquy about driving in New York City (mom and I did it every day and yes, it's every bit as bad as you'd imagine) because there's not much to tell other than I hate cabbies and the like. Mom and I managed to visit Central Park on our last few hours there and saw Bethesda Fountain (watch "Devil Wears Prada" or "One Fine Day" to see it) and the Dakota where John Lennon was shot. It was an amazing and very tiring trip. Here's some pics from it. And now I'm off to make money.

Ah, my beautiful Coach bag from Macy's-if I had three hundred + dollars to blow, it would be all on you, my lovely.








2 comments:

aprilhoyt said...

How much fun is that!! congrats to Devan, that is awesome! Someday...I too will see NYC!! and maybe I'll have to recruit you to show me the sights!!

Ryan and Monique said...

Jeez, would it kill Ryan to crack a smile. He had sunflower seeds in his mouth... like the entire time we were there so all photos I have his face is distorted trying to crack the shell.